Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Twitter

Strange title, I know. It seems everyone is obsessed with the Twitter Revolution. I myself have found great fun, and honestly, great information through Twitter. I use it every day to find out what my friends are doing, what my favorite stars are up to (since most actually write their own tweets), and to read new articles about things I'm interested in such as new music, meditation, and other forms of alternative healing. It has allowed me a new outlet to express myself and a less stressful outlet than websites like Facebook and Myspace (which I now use infrequently).

Anyway, I wanted to share some new stuff I've found. The American Monk is a wonderful blog where a wise man speaks about various topics including stress, meditation, and personal vision. I found it very helpful, including pursuing his meditation series. The first lesson includes a guided meditation called "The Daisy Pond" in which you create your own world in which to relax. It sounds so simple and yet, at least for me (I love creative things), gave me a wonderful imaginary place to do my meditations. Having just begun I don't know to what I extent I'll use it, but I love the concept and am going to use it. Check it out, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

If your on Twitter and are interested in various articles concerning alternative healing and self-awakening, follow VibesUP. They sell something or other which doesn't interest me too much, but they have so many resources and openly share them with the public. I love it.

One last thing. On PLANET UPGRADE, one of the blogs I follow (see left of page for link) I found this. The metaphor is a little out there, but I really enjoy the message.



That's all for now. Have a wonderful day!

PS: I think it is so funny that I keep thinking of new things to say. I guess it's ok to keep updating a blog until your satisfied. I want to recommend a book of short stories. It is called You Are Not a Stranger Here by Adam Haslett. It is a Pulitzer Prize Finalist and some of the most shocking and edgy short stories I have ever read. He has no qualms about hitting you upside the face with some very dramatic situations. Some are more intense than others, but so far they have all been extremely beautiful and worthwhile. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment