Wednesday, September 9, 2009

At School

Good afternoon! I'm at school (George Mason University), and I have some free time so I decided to come on here and blog a little bit to pass the time. The past couple weeks have been difficult, with the new added stress of school, but I feel that my mood swings are getting less and less intense, and easier to control. Luckily, a steady regimen of meditating and spiritual work have helped me achieve a more balanced psyche and body. I had an intense meditation last night dealing with the Sufi mantra Al-Matin, commonly translated a patience. Of course this term is much more complicated, but patience is the large picture that I received. When I was in my meditative state, I allowed the troubles and wandering thoughts of my mind (usually held at bay to achieve clear-headedness) to speak one by one. All of a sudden all of my doubts and woes came through. Luckily, I was able to take each in turn and breath Al-Matin slowly and clearly so that patience would be learned and understood. I actually became emotional during this time (more of a revelatory emotional outburst than one of sadness). When I was finished I felt so light and wonderful. I believe that I now must add time in my meditation to not only reach my calm center, but then to take advantage of it to gain wisdom.

Thanks to HenkTerHeide on Twitter, I have found a new artist who absolutely blew my socks off. These futuristic fantasy paintings will truly make you think. Please don't miss out on experiencing this wonderful artist. His name is Jacek Yerka and I believe this link will most easily get you there. Please let me know what you think!

Have a wonderful and peaceful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment