Monday, January 18, 2010

The Silence Inn / A Witch's Knot

I've had a great surge of creative energy towards writing. I have been writing through the past 2 days with very little sleep. Powerful creative energy can not be ignored and consequently I've written about 10 new poems. I wanted to dedicate this post to two of these new poems. They explore some darker images and I thought showing ya'll this perspective of my work might be interesting. Let me know what you think.
______________

The Silence Inn

The brutal wave of
rain and jealously
followed me that night
as I sipped
strong lukewarm coffee
at the Silence Inn.

Bloodshot eyes staring
back at me, smiling
taunting me, thunder crash
and the storm laughed.

If I wanted to
the prickled bosom of
Room 134
would have welcomed
a splitting wired mind.

Yet someone
must have been in that storm
and I needed to find
who.

A mist arose
throughout the
Devil’s Playground

And then all I could hear
was the faint echo of a
child giggling.

And I laughed.
__________________________

A Witch's Knot

Does the bitter blood
soaked through this towel
excite you?

I smell your lust
and its cologne is a cliff
facing the unknown.

Angels are said to
drink inked dreams.

But I must protect my
dreams
(I have so
few). Hence

The towel,
the cliff,
the blood an aching lull.

It is finished
this spell
a clotted vessel
in a witch’s knot
swims gently on.
___________________________

If anyone is looking for some really hot Hip Hop I STRONGLY recommend getting Nicki Minaj's mixtapes. Not only does she embody ferocity, but the music rocks too!

That's all for today! God Bless!

-Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment